For more info...

Visit mlmarshall.com for short-stories, social media updates and more.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Short Tales Explained: Lady of the Snow (February's Tale)

The title of this short tale was inspired by a song by American band Symphony X. I wrote it in a few sessions, spread out over a few weeks. I've always liked female monsters/villains. Be it Medusa, the many wicked witches, queens and stepmothers in fairytales, Zenobia from the old Sinbad movies I used to watch as a kid (she scared the crap out of me) and even that screwed up cyborg-lady from Superman 3 (gave me nightmares for years).

In this tale, the Lady of the Snow is not necessarily a bad person, but just someone who is cursed to be alone forever. Anything she touches will freeze and die, and she is doomed to wonder the forests of New Eden, searching for love until the end of her days.


No comments:

Post a Comment