For more info...

Visit mlmarshall.com for short-stories, social media updates and more.

Friday, May 3, 2013

Updates and some extra thoughts on writing



First blog post in what seems to be a while, but it’s simply because I’ve been busy with holidays, work and life in general.

The short story originally prepared for April will most likely come out later in the year (or maybe never at all), it just didn't feel ready. The good news is that April’s new short story (although late) will be part one of a three part series, based on an idea I jotted down over 3 years ago.

The words are flowing as well as I could hope, and I’m enjoying writing it. I’ll probably spend the weekend finishing it off and polishing it, so it will be slightly later than expected. But “better late than never” I guess.

Lastly, some profound musings: There are times when I don’t feel like writing, and would much rather do something else – like watch TV, play with my computers, have a few drinks after work, go to the gym etc. But whenever I’m torn between writing, and procrastinating/doing something else, I always regret doing something else, and feel as if I could have been more productive.

But I have not yet once regretted sitting down and writing, even when I didn’t feel like it.

Apart from spending time with my family and girlfriend, there really isn’t anything else that I prioritise as much at this stage when it comes to utilising my free time. And I’m happy that things have turned out that way; as it means I’m taking this seriously.

April's short story will be up soon. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment