For more info...

Visit mlmarshall.com for short-stories, social media updates and more.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Quick ramble

Currently writing a short essay on legal ethics, but am taking a quick break to say this:

The hardest part of writing a story for me is actually sitting down and starting to write for that particular session. There are so many other things one could be doing, and to actually put them to one side and write can sometimes require a teeny bit of effort (for me anyway).

However, the best feeling when I am writing is when everything beyond the screen/page ceases to exist. When I get so enveloped into the prose that nothing else really matters beyond the world I'm creating. It's a good feeling, but it requires a bit of discipline to get there...something which is in fluctuating supply when the weather is 35 degrees and the ocean is 100 metres from my front door :(

OK, enough procrastinating, back to the essay.

P.S. the cyclone came and went, and not many people got hurt which is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment